Boredomville
A boring place for a boring person

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Let's start with today and go back to tmr later.

We had Waikiki 2008 today. After a last minute attempt to find a team, I managed to get 6 players willing to play touch rugby. All this after being abandoned by my teammates who all form teams without me. Anyway, I think the whole waikiki this year was very badly organized. The marketing, logistics, programmes etc. Everything was just really late and didn't seem very well thought off. But I really wanted to play cos this is probably my last chance to.

I didn't regret playing today. I had fun. Not too happy about being kicked out so early but we really didn't deserve to get to finals anyway. All of use haven't trained in at least a year or something and we're all really unfit, so it's our own fault we got trashed by some of the other teams. The bitching with the girls was really funny though. I really love the smu team i've been playing with for the past 4 years. Whenever we get together we always have a good laugh. I wasn't happy about the game against them but it's more of the referee's fault. (more being the operative word)

Also, I met my primary school friend, GY, during waikiki. Some things about him are still the same, loud, attract-attention. The girls totally hated him cos he's kinda smug during the game but hey, I've got nothing against him. (I was more unhappy about the ref's obvious biasness than that team's over-the-top attitudes, maybe cos I didn't play against them) It's just nice, and somewhat amusing, to meet a friend from my primary school who left a pretty deep impression. haha. Somehow it made me think of some of my other primary school friends too. heh. Also, met JC's ex, and as ojl puts it "it's a small world".

Had dinner at thai express vivocity after waikiki. and met a bunch of pple (ben, youjin, amy, junkai and friends) there too. quite coincidental. like from the first floor, down 2 escalators and into thai express. dinner was good, especially since everything tastes good when you're hungry.

Back to yesterday. As cliched as it sounds, we watched The Leap Years on leap day. Tickets were very difficult to get. I bought it the day before and we were sitting 5th row from front. So we weren't the only "unoriginal" Singaporeans. haha. The show is basically a chick flick rom com. Some of the jokes were quite funny. The reviews said that the 2 leads didn't have chemistry but I wasn't sure if that's the case or it's just that the actors were trying to portray the strangeness and unfamiliarity of their attraction for each other. I didn't like that they had 3 actresses play the female lead, makes the whole movie feel inconsistent. The sound editing for some parts wasn't well done to, such that the actors' lips didn't sync with the voices. not good... But otherwise, just watching the movie as a whole, it's not bad. If you're into chick flick rom coms, you should go catch it.

anonymous @ 10:53 pm