Boredomville
A boring place for a boring person

Friday, February 01, 2008

3 blog posts in 3 days, I'm really on the roll!! muahahahah-gck *ack**choke**cough, cough* hehe.

Today, it shall be about my strat group and strat meeting. Since I think it's safe for me to assume that none (but maybe one) of my group mates knows about this blog, I think this is a pretty safe portal for me to rant. Now, what inspired me? Our three hour long meeting, that's what.

There's just so many things to say about my strat group that I don't know where to begin. Let's just start with the case we were discussing itself. We took a really long time deciding what the competitive strategy of the co. was and even after a majority of us had agreed that it's focus integrated strategy, someone still had to argue that it's more differentiation than low cost. And this led to yet another, um, rather intense discussion. The whole meeting generally was pretty argumentative and loud. I tried to keep quiet as much as possible cos 3 of the member were pretty vocal. Sometimes so many points were being discussed simultaneously that I got confused.

Oh, and there's this concealed aversion to a specific member of the group, which I feel really weird about cos I don't want to intentionally leave pple out or bitch about them if they've never wrong me. But I can't help how the rest feel either, so I just feel strange at times. And there was this incident today when she just asked and really out of context question about tuition. Everyone was momentarily silent and I felt that they would eventually ignore her question so I just "entertained" her so that the rest of the group could move on with the discussion. It was just weird...

Then after around 2 hours plus of discussing one question, we realized that we might not have answered the question quite to the point. Oh, no! So we called the prof to clarify but he wasn't around, so jl sent an email from ty's account. For some reason, we got distracted and started talking about hsbc after that. Ty was telling S about the emails and qs and jl started telling them about the blog. So, qs said he'll sent us the link to the blog. Guess what he did? He replied all to the email that jl sent out, including to the prof!! When I saw the email, I asked him, "Eh, how come prof's included in the email?" And all of us just burst out laughing. Can you imagine prof reading that blog? Haha. It was quite hilarious. S laughed til he was red.

Well, the group's a bunch of pretty fun pple, but whether we can work well together, it's yet to be seen. I'm hoping for the best :)

anonymous @ 11:36 pm