Boredomville
A boring place for a boring person

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Life is short and precious. Treasure and cherish the ones you love. Live life to the fullest. Don't live in regret. Today is not a good day for me. But this post isn't about me.

Today, a close friend of my parents' just passed away. I'm not exceptionally close to her, but I knew her. And I'm sad just the same. She was still young, her daughter not even 15. She was energetic and active. But she was just unlucky. Last year, she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and the doctors gave her maybe 6 months to live. She was strong, though, and had an admirable fighting spirit. She proved the doctors wrong by fighting the cancer and outliving the doctors' expectations. But life can be cruel. After surviving and fighting, things worsened. Her condition deteriorated and we knew that she was living on borrowed time. But she was still upbeat. Her fighting spirit was truly admirable. I have much to learn from her. I hope she's moved on to a better place, and I pray for her family.

May you rest in peace, Auntie Jane. Your presence will definitely be missed.

anonymous @ 11:52 pm