Boredomville
A boring place for a boring person

Friday, October 27, 2006

I was reading my brother's blog. Something pretty obvious stood out to me. My brother's got the linguistic skills. He's always been the one getting A*s and A1s for English Language, while here I am always struggling with B3s and Cs. Of course, if we're comparing, my maths is better than his, but how far would that get me? It's not like I'm going to be using trigonometry in the future nor will I be computing dy/dxs for my career. Math at this stage is probably just arithmetics, so those vectors, mechanics, logarithms are of no use. Ultimately, the ability to communicate is more important. And I, unfortunately, have had to struggle through languages. I always claim to be bilingual, 1+half+half, I call it, being only "half" proficient in 2 languages, but really how effective am I in communicating? (rhetorical question, please don't answer) Sometimes I wish that I could be better in my languages, being more generous with words would be a good start. But well, we can't all have everything.

If you happen to have lots of free time to burn, try reading my brother's blog to see what I mean. Lots of free time needed cos he's posts are very long. Like I said, he's not as stingy as me when it comes to words (other aspects maybe, but not words. hehe)

Random comments. Times Square, NY, new year's eve? I don't know.
21st abroad? We'll see.
It's getting late.

anonymous @ 2:08 am